In this episode I sit down with Angela Atkins to discuss:
- Where the name of her business comes from.
- The best gift she has ever received and why she considers it a gift
- How that gift changed her gift giving philosophy
- Her approach to buying gifts
- How her services can be viewed as a gift
- Why her clients come to her after going to the doctor
- Her approach with a new client
- How her clients decide that they need to work with her
- Her views on the “best” essential oils to have
- How to use essential oils
- What she would hope people think about when getting her a gift
The Best Gift She Has Received
A compliment she received from a friend about her willingness to speak the truth
Why Her Services Are a Gift
People come to me to create a lasting change in their life. The gift is my knowledge, expertise, time, and honest willingness to help you.
How to Package Her Services as a Gift
I would look at it and present it as a preventative model, something to help them change their lifestyle without judgement.
I would recommend buying them an essential oil set and introducing me as an educator for essential oils.
Must-Have Essential Oils
- Peppermint (Headaches)
- Breath blend (respiratory)
- Frankincense (the King of Oils)
Her Gift Giving Advice
- Use your understanding of them to find something that makes them happy
The One Gift She Would Give to the World
Truth. There’s not enough of it and it always goes back to the same thing.
How She Would Package Truth
By speaking to the world and pointing out the things that are not true.
- Enrolling people who are pre-diabetic into a lifestyle change program.
Where to Find Angela on Social Media
The gift she would give to her younger self
Eat right, keep moving, and find the truth for yourself.
“I’ve been lucky to receive a great many fulfilling gifts in my life.”
“Spreading the truth about everything is a way of life.”
“I try to think about what is important to the other person.”
“Once I give them a gift it’s all theirs, so it needs to be for them.”
“Sometimes you need someone there to reflect back the honesty of the situation.”
“I try to integrate natural solutions into my process to help people create a better quality of life.”
“You don’t get an hour appointment with a doctor.”
“To me, medications are chemicals, I want to remove that as much as possible.”
“Food is medicine.”
“Rather than take a pill to mask the problem, we use food to solve it.”
“There’s no such thing to me as a diet.”
“We aren’t medicine people so we don’t heal anything but essential oils have been shown to help with certain things.”
“If I can learn something new then that’s enough.”
“My gift to them was just being their partner.”
“You can always use truthfulness.”
“I think that when you speak truth, you are speaking factually.”