In this episode I sit down with Amy Lanci to discuss:
- When she got into helping people lose weight
- What it was like being 24 and over 200lbs
- How an online dating site helped her lose weight
- Why compassion was the best gift she’d ever received
- How she would package compassion
- What she learned by receiving compassion
- How her gift giving philosophy has changed
- Her approach to giving gifts during the holidays
- The difference between primary and secondary foods
- What her first session looks like
- How she gives smart gifts
The Best Gift She Has Received
Definitely compassion because love is the thing that can keep you warm but compassion allows you to keep the love there.
How to Give Compassion as a Gift
It’s situational, what is the context behind the gift? Always think about what others might need and then take action on.
Why Her Services Are a Gift
My services are a great way to help you get back in touch with yourself and start moving towards your goals. That’s the best gift you could give someone, the privilege to know who they are.
Her Gift Giving Advice
- Think about the person
- Think about the experiences you share
- Think about how that idt could enhance their life
The One Gift She Would Give to the World
I would give everyone clean water and a safe place to live.
The One Gift She Would Give to Her Younger Self
I would give myself a visit from my current self to help her understand that things will get better.
- A new podcast (The Amy Lancey Show)
Where to Find Amy on Social
“I was overweight through all of my influential years and it affected my self-esteem.”
“I decided that I wanted a quality partner who could love me for who I was.”
“Love is like warmth and compassion is the blanket.”
“It’s all about context.”
“Compassion always pays itself forward.”
“It was the fact that she was willing to step into that role for me.”
“I’m always the person that tries to step back and better understand the other side.”
“I believe that when someone does something great for you I make sure they know that I appreciate them.”
“There’s the practical side based on what they need but there’s also the question of sentimentality.”
“I try to make sure you don’t get overwhelmed by too much info at once.”
“Think about the person and your experiences with them.”
“The one thing people can’t get enough of us experiences.”